A SNAPSHOT OF OUR ACTIVITIES
We provide investment management services for a total of 26 pension, endowment and government funds. Our sole mission is to help them reach their financial objectives.
A breakdown of the various funds for whom we invest is as follows:
- Pension Plans $35.1 Billion
- Endowment Funds (including the Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund) $19.2 billion
- Short-Term Government Funds $12.8 billion
- Special Purpose Government Funds $2.5 billion
As of March 31, 2012 AIMCo invests $69.7 billion in the following categories:
- Money Market and Fixed Income $28.2 billion
- Public Equities and Absolute Return Strategies $ 27.7billion
- Private Equity $2.2 billion
- Real Estate $7.0 billion
- Infrastructure and Timberlands $3.9 billion
- Real Return Bonds and Commodities $2.1 billion
We manage most of these investments through pooled investment funds. However, to achieve greater diversification and gain access to external expertise and specialized knowledge, we also select and monitor third-party investment managers to manage some investments.